Old 23-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Flora

John Taverner wrote:

Kiftsgate being vigorous is a little of an understaement. A friend gave me
two cuttings of this wild animal, they struck easily and are in good loam in
a salty enviro. They were planted to cover an unsightly garage and have gone
over the piched roof in three seasons and accelerating.

My neighbour, with a tiny garden, asked me if Kiftsgate was a nice rose.
I replied warmly in the affimative, and was just about to comment on its
unsuitability for any but the largest garden, when she said, "oh good,
I've just ordered a dozen"

She planted two of them on our common boundary, then sold up and moved.
Fifteen years later, I still have to wage a constant battle against them.

Flora