Old 23-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Malcolm wrote:

Its thorns are something else. If it could be made into a hedge, your
property would never be trespassed upon. Lots of huge and incredibly
sharp thorns. Dealing with it at the end of each summer takes not just
leather gauntlets but something approaching body armour, too :-)

Thanks. I have planted it in a corner where nobody need go at all
regularly, though I shall have to remove shoots that go sideways
in one direction. If I can keep it going up, it should cause no
trouble, but I may have to remove it eventually when it starts
coming down again. I may employ someone to do it :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.