Old 18-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Ed

Default Keeping earthworms in your raised bed container....

Hello,

I just completed my raised bed containers (4' x 9' x 2')
and want to amend the new soil with earthworm castings. I know
the earthworms may leave the container if they don't stay happy
and content with what's provided. I've heard the use of corn meal
(sprinkled on top of the soil) can keep them up near the top.

Does anyone have tips on keeping them fat and happy?
Also what is the ratio of earthworms, to say, a square foot of soil.
I'm thinking of ordering a 1000 and putting 300 in each of
the 3 containers.

Cheers,
Ed