Old 23-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Mike

Erin I am somewhat amazed that none of the 'experts' on the newsgroup have
advised you to talk to your neighbours when you get here, especially those
you see 'in their gardens'. Most gardeners love to talk gardens, flowers,
vegetables, greenshouses etc etc and if someone is in a garden within
walking distance of where you settle, 'they' will first hand knowledge of
the growing conditions, temperature ranges, soil type, suppliers, who not to
buy plants and seeds from and who to go to. One of the things keen gardeners
love to do, is share plants and stock. We have new neighbours moved in next
door. They are 'gardening nuts' and the exchange of plants has to be seen to
be believed and as the first thing they did was to erect a large heated
greenhouse, we, well my wife Joan, spends many an hour chatting over the
fence and nearly every time this happens, there is a plant exchange :-))
Get to know your neighbours :-))

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past