Old 23-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Tumbleweed

"david taylor" wrote in message
Frogs are cute and useful as many correspondents have stated.
One negative point-I read that goldfish can become engorged with frogspawn
if there is too much in a small area. Since most of the tadpoles are NOT
going to survive it would be sensible to remove some of the spawn from the
pond-put it in a pond as recommneded.At a guess I would leave 80% free
area.
As a child I used to like to rear tadpoles in a large washing up bowl-this
would be another useful outlet.
Regards
David

Engorged? That implies to me they would eating it. I have never seen this
behaviour. Maybe they mean trapped in it??

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com