Old 24-03-2005, 02:57 AM
Shagster

Default Slimy "film" on top of water??

Hello,

I have a new problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have a
moderately planted 30 gallon tank.. The water is crystal clear and all of
my measurables appear to be in check...

Here's the odd thing.. When I come home, and look into the tank.. At the
top of the water are thousands of tiny "trapped" bubbles from the
photosynthesis during the day than cannot escape. If I put my hands in the
water, there appears to be a slimy film on the top of the water that's
preventing the bubbles from escaping.. If I stir the water, I can see the
film "gooping" up into white chunks and floating around..

Any idea what that's all about?

Thanks,
Troy