Old 23-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Katra

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

Determinate tomato plants produce all of their fruit at the same time
(approximately.) Think commercial growers who will pull the plant
when the tomatoes are ready and take to whole thing at once.

Indeterminate keep growing and producing until the plant dies from
disease or frost.

Thank you! :-)
One of the guys at work was asking about those terms too.
I'll pass this on.

What varieties are you growing?

I have one "Patio", one "Blush Goliath" and a "Fourth of July".
Those are the three in the greenhouse. The BG is a really thick stemmed
plant with big lovely leaves. The FOJ is producing the most at the
moment, and is also the tallest. It's going to be a trick tying it up!
Since these houses have interntal tent pole type supports, I think I
can get a fabric tie around the poles to help tie it to the ceiling.

I want to use fabric instead of metal or wire so I don't damage the
greenhouse fabric.

I also have babies that I bought that are still in their 6 pack pots.
I'll get them into containers tomorrow. I'm going to do all container
tomatoes this year so I can control their water a bit better. I have 3
and 5 gallon pots for them, and stakes. I'll put the pots along the
main garden border in full sun and will use the main bed for stringbeans
and those brocolli and cauliflowers I bought, and a few squashes.

The 6 pack babies are Roma and Beefsteak. :-)

I've not grown Beefsteaks in YEARS and am excited about it! Romas are my
favorite standby. I'm skipping the sweet 100's this year...

Thanks!
Kat

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada