Old 23-03-2005, 09:52 PM
shazzbat

"Jack Allen" wrote in message
This year I'd like to again try planting scallions from seed. The last

time
I put some medium in a tray, then the seed and then more medium. This is
okay until it comes time to sow the little plants. Can someone recommend

good system of planting. I have medical problems that make it difficult

for
me to bend over for any length of time. I would appreciate any and all
answers.

I sow about 10-12 seeds in a 3" pot (in the grenhouse in the case of very
early ones) and then when they're starting to fill the pot with roots, I
plant out the whole clump and let it do what it wants.

Then I end up with a row of succesional clumps, and can just pull up a clump
when needed.

Steve