Old 24-03-2005, 03:18 AM
ge

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:34:16 GMT, "FREDERICK INDICTOR"
wrote:

does anyone know of a proven method to repell groundhogs? thanks.

As best I can tell, we've had good luck with fencing. We found out
the hard way that you need a horizontal strip of fence along the
ground, to keep them from digging under.

We've tried traps (Havahart, large). We always catch them,
eventually; but, sometimes it takes a while, and they can do a lot of
damage in one night. One time - before we put the horizontal strip of
fencing in - we had the trap right at the hole they'd dug under the
fence. Nothing: they walked right by it.

If it was legal (& safe) to shoot here, I think I'd get a pellet gun.

George