Old 24-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Shagster

My last water change was within 5 days... Plus, I'm only feeding my fish
1-2x per week, so I don't think it's that... I'll increase my water change
frequency and see what happens.

Thanks!
Troy

"Happy'Cam'per" wrote in message

Could be from protein build up in the water, when last did you do a water
change?
If not the water change it could just be residue from the fishfood. I've
heard that certain dechlorinaters can also leave this oily film. I
would'nt
worry too much about it though, as long as you're doing weekly water
changes
I think you'll be ok.
--
Kind Regards
Cameron

"Shagster" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a new problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have a
moderately planted 30 gallon tank.. The water is crystal clear and all
of
my measurables appear to be in check...

Here's the odd thing.. When I come home, and look into the tank.. At
the
top of the water are thousands of tiny "trapped" bubbles from the
photosynthesis during the day than cannot escape. If I put my hands in

the
water, there appears to be a slimy film on the top of the water that's
preventing the bubbles from escaping.. If I stir the water, I can see
the
film "gooping" up into white chunks and floating around..

Any idea what that's all about?

Thanks,
Troy