Old 24-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Sacha

On 23/3/05 18:37, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

snip

With regard to Halesia, I was recommended to plant it on a bank where one
could look up into it and see it at its best. My ex father in law had done
this in his Jersey garden and I have to say he was quite right. It's not
the only way to see it, of course! But it does add a certain something.

That is why I got what I hope is monticola. It is a proper tree,
unlike carolina.

Actually, it is at the top of a slope - my garden is on the side of
a hill, with a typically impressive Cambridge gradient (1-2%) :-(

Clever you! And you can always kneel...... ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk