Old 24-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Derek Broughton

dkat wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
angela.copley wrote:

I am considering bentomat but cannot locate a uk retailer. Does anyone
have this information?

Bentonite is just a fine clay. Quite likely with a different name on
your
side of the pond :-) I'd talk to landscapers.

From a potter's point of view - different clays are not the same fish....

Absolutely true, and thanks for the in-depth definition. I wasn't trying to
imply that Angela could just use any kind of clay (though I might have
managed to do just that :-) ), but that possibly she can't find bentonite
because it's practically a tradition to give things different English names
on different sides of The Pond.
--
derek