Old 24-03-2005, 02:34 PM
June Hughes

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"w.g.s.hamm" wrote in message
I love lily of the valley. Several times ove the alst few years, I have
bought bulbs and planted them in vaious positions in the garden. Nomally
were it is shaded. They never grow even when other stuff aound them
thrives.
Also lavender, which I adore.Grows for a year or two, then gives up the
ghost.

I can't grow lily of the valley, cotsfoot or daisies. They grow in profusion
in neighbouring gardens.

Don't have any grass either - but that's because it's eaten ...

Hi Mary. Long time no see. Lily of the valley likes shade and good,
damp soil. Once it gets going, it spreads rapidly. (You possibly know
that already, so apols if you do).
--
June Hughes