Old 24-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Bob Hobden

"Tim Challenger" wrote after...
Mary Fisher wrote:

"w.g.s.hamm" wrote
I love lily of the valley. Several times ove the alst few years, I have
bought bulbs and planted them in vaious positions in the garden. Nomally
were it is shaded. They never grow even when other stuff aound them
thrives.
Also lavender, which I adore.Grows for a year or two, then gives up the
ghost.

I can't grow lily of the valley, cotsfoot or daisies. They grow in
profusion
in neighbouring gardens.

Don't have any grass either - but that's because it's eaten ...

You eat grass?

I can't grow snowdrops. When I'm desperate for some life in the garden at
the end of winter - *nothing* comes up.

If you can't grow Snowdrops (Galanthus) try Snowflakes (Leucojum). I've
tried the former lots of times but without success the later romp away.
I also have a "perfect" spot for Lilly of the Valley but it won't grow there
or anywhere else in my garden.
We have had a problem getting Mint to grow, it always eventually fails, yes
I know it's absurd but it's true. :-)

--
Regards
Bob