Old 24-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Kay

In article .com,
writes

What about using concrete as a heatsink to harness the warmth from the
sun

What sun? ;-)

and heat a greenhouse overnight? Insulated blinds to also help
retain heat? Just something my hubby and I have thought of...

In winter 'sunrise' can be at about 9am, with 'sunset' at about 3.45. I
use the italics because for many days in winter we don't actually see
the sun. And when we do, it's at a very low angle and not enough heat in
it. I'd be surprised if you got enough warmth from the sun in the day
time to make any real difference to the greenhouse at night - certainly
not enough to keep it frost free.

The insulated blinds are a good idea to cut heating costs - many of us
use bubble-wrap for the same purpose.
--
Kay