Old 24-03-2005, 11:20 PM

Default help in NYC

The best flower shop I found in the NYC area Z&R Florist
http://zandrflorist.com. Call them, maybe they can help.

Nina Shishkoff wrote:
I received a Juniper Bonsai as a gift a couple of months ago, but I

don't
know much about how to properly take care of it. I was thinking of

taking
it to a florist or someone who knows about them so that I could get

it
checked out. Does anyone know of someone in New York that could

take a
look at my Bonsai? Thanks

I'd skip the florist- there is a bonsai nursery in Brooklyn (look in

yellow
pages) but also a splendid Botanical Garden with a splendid bonsai
collection. You can also check the internet- Michael Persiano has

an
article on Juniper care, and if you give us a hint, any of the rest

of us
could try to answer specific care questions. Tip: junipers are

outdoor
trees.

Nina Shishkoff,
Long Island Horticultural Research Lab
39 Sound Ave., Riverhead, NY 11772
Zone 5/6

To sign-off this list send email to with

the
text of the message reading SIGNOFF BONSAI.
--- This service sponsored, in part, by Tom Simmons ---