Old 24-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Travis

culprit wrote:
"paghat" wrote in message
news

When we bought this house six years ago it had mainly blackberries
in the backyard. I dug up the enormous roots with great effort.
The blackberries came back the next year & I dug them up again.
The year after that only one blackberry briar reappeared. Since
then, nothing but an occasional seedling that i pull out before it
gets a real root on it.

*sigh*
i wish we could do that... our yard is bordered by a protected
native growth area. it's filled with blackberries. they try to
spread into our yard constantly, but i can't legally pull up the
roots.
they do make good jam, though.

-kelly

If they are the Himalayn blackberry they are not native to any part of
North America so there should be no problem removing them from your
property even is some of them in the greenbelt die also. For more info
see the link below.

http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu/moredocs/rubdis01.pdf

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5