Old 25-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Harold Robbins

cat daddy wrote:

"Harold Robbins" wrote in message
m...

Tex John wrote:

If you don't trim it, Crapes will give you a bush. And cuttings are so

easy

to root you can do a whole fenceline with just a few plants over a

couple of

years.

Course Oleanders are supposed to be easy to root, too, and give a

quicker

screen.

Crepes will give you a bush or a tree. But if you want it to flower
well it still needs to be trimmed at the top and sides.

Oleanders are easy to root but they are poisonous to humans. Make sure
your children are old enough to understand not to chew on the stalks. A
family died painfully after using oleander stalks for barBQ skewers.

Urban Legends
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/poison/oleander.htm

"Origins: This sorrowful tale of the fatal poisoning by oleander sticks
used to roast treats over a campfire has been part of the urban legend canon
for decades...

A version of it appears in a gardening book published in England in 1886...

Though we've searched for news stories about such a tragedy, we haven't
found any, not even an account of a non-fatal poisoning. "

Here is a link the the Harvard Medical Journal:

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtPr...=t&k=basePrint

Harold