Old 25-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Doug Kanter

"escape" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:00:22 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

opined:

Sigh.....

Two days after a nice steady rain, you take a handful of soil and squeeze
it. Then, you break it up. If it crumbles like cake, it's well within the
realm of "structurally OK". It may still need nutrients or pH adjustment,
but that's another issue which has nothing to do with this one. Do you see
lots of happy little bugs and/or worms? Reason to celebrate.

Why does everything have to be so complicated?

I think you mean texture. Structure is the mineral content of the soil and
the
level of organic matter. Texture describes crumble.

Structure and texture both sound like mechanical qualities to me. Mineral
content sounds like a chemical quality. Oh well.