Old 25-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Travis

buckyboy wrote:
A row of favas I planted earlier this spring has developed the
lovely flowers I enjoy, but when those flowers drop off, there's no
emergent bean pod ... something I've not seen before. These seeds
were planted in a newish bed that was filled primarily with a
decent-quality commercial compost mixture ... the original clay
soil having been carted away by our landscaper. Other crops did
okay in that bad in year one, especially carrots and lettuces. But
something there is that the favas don't seem to like.

jk

Do Fava's need to be pollinated? Were there any pollinators around?

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5