Old 25-03-2005, 08:25 PM
timorous barghest

"Doug Kanter" wrote:

"rosie read n' post" wrote in message
does this bush require FULL sun.....................its sounds like
a wonderful summer privacy barrier!

Mine gets about 1/2 day of sun. I've never seen one in full sun, so I can't
really say if the leaf density on mine is as good as it could be. However,
it does NOT provide opacity - a solid wall of green. Maybe someone with a
full-sun specimen can add to this.

I have around twenty of them, the ones in full sun are thicker than
the others, but they do not provide the kind of screen that say a line
of evergreen trees or bamboo would. None of mine except a weeping
buddleia are left to grow on their own, I cut them back hard in early
spring. If they were only trimmed a little bit, they might become
thicker over time. I really do not know. They are definitely thicker
if you take the time to deadhead them religiously.

--

pull the weeds to email me: