Old 25-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Warren

John Thomas wrote:
Warren wrote:

Butterfly bush is not invasive. As the first sentence in the link you
provided states, "An invasive plant has the ability to thrive and spread
aggressively outside its natural range." That means you plant one or two, and
eventually you get dozens spreading from the originally intended spot.
Butterfly bushes don't do that.

Butterfly bush is a very aggressive grower. A single plant can go from not
much more than a stick with a couple of leaves to a bush big enough to hide a
small shack in just a few months. But you won't have a dozen new butterfly
bushes.

It's a very aggressive grower, but it's not the least bit invasive.

Wrong on all counts. With many varieties, it definitely spreads, reseeds, and
it certainly considered an invasive pest in many areas.

Then we must be talking about an entirely different plant.

I have two in my backyard. I had one in my front yard. My neighbor has a couple
as well. We don't have any invasion from these plants. Both of our backyards
were next to what was a vacant lot until a year and a half ago, and there were
none of these back there.

They've very popular plants in landscapes around here, yet I do not see them
anywhere in the uncultivated areas.

I had to hunt to find a picture of mine, but here's one:
http://www.holzemville.com/1/DSCF0662.jpg

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
We're down to the wire. Do you need tax software?
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/taxes/index.html