Old 25-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Larry

Thanks for the reference. Here in Jacksonville, FL (Northeast corner of
Florida), we do get down to below freezing several times during the winter.
I'm about putting anything outside for extended periods during the winter,
even when the plants are supposed to be tolerant of temperatures that low.

Larry

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Larry,

Check out the offerings at Santa Barbara Orchid Estate. Everything listed
as temperature tolerant can grow down to freezing. You would be surprised
at the number of Cattleya hybrids that don't mind a good chill in the
winter.

There are a LOT of orchids you can put into palm trees if you don't
experience freezing weather.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"Larry" wrote in message
. ..
I would love to be able to tie some of the orchids to the palm trees in my
back yard. But it gets too cold here in the winter. I'd have to pull them