Old 25-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Reel McKoi

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

"Snooze" wrote in message

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
oups.com...

This
does mean that we now have to address this issue for our own health
even though we drink bottled water.
Does this mean we have to get a filtration system?

How does ammonia get in well water?

All kinds of things get into the ground water, that you wish hadn't. My

bet
is that decades of excessive commercial fertilzation finally got into

the
ground water. A lot of water tables have a layer of oil in the first

few
feet of porus rock, either naturally there, or leakage from gas station
tanks.

===============
Thank you Snooze, I would never have thought of such things in someone's
well water. I'd be afraid to bathe in such water no less drink it or

use
it
for cooking.

We had our well water tested when I was a youngster and they found it high
in organic ...... something or other. Basically, the well was too close to
the Beaver Pond, so it was full of Beaver ****. Hmmm.... perhaps that
explains a few things. LOL.

We sunk a well where I had a summer home back in NY state. All they found
were a few harmless ecoli. Probably from the frog that had fallen in before
the top was put on. Nothing else, so we didn't bother to filter or treat
it. No one ever got sick.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...