Old 25-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Duncan Heenan

"Duncan MacCallum" wrote in message
In message
"grd" wrote:

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying a mini tiller - either a Mantis or the Honda
FG201.
I am leaning towards the Honda as it is 4 stroke and I don't fancy the
hassle of mixing two stroke for the Mantis. Although I notice that in
the
US, the Mantis actually has a Honda 4 stroke engine!

Does anyone have a Honda FG201? What do you think of it?

Are there any other mini tillers that I should consider?

Checkout stihl mm55 multisystem, fairly new to market, had mine
on allotment twice now and faily impressed with results

Cheers

--
Duncan MacCallum

I have used a mantis I inherited, for 2 years. It has been fully reliable.
It is light, which is an advantage, but also a disadvantage in that it
doen't penetrate the soil below about 3" without some struggle and pulling
it towards you (this may be true of all lightweight tillers).
Mixing the 2 stroke (50:1) is no hassle, and of course with a 2 stroke you
have fewer parts to wear, and no oil changes ever. But it's largely a matter
of taste.