Old 25-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Mike Lyle

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Kay contains these words:

In article , Janet
Baraclough writes
The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

Found you a couple more useful sites:

USAUK gardening !
http://www.gardeningcd.com/Adapt/adaptPg21.htm

Useful???????????????????????????

.Here's a taster of what that American site says about gardening

in
the UK:,

"they don't have to contend with deer, rabbits, squirrels, moles,
(snip)

"In the 1960's, Miximitosis broke out in England. Rabbits are the
victims. To kill the disease, the countryside was sprayed

liberally
with DDT, which not only killed off practically all the wild

rabbit
population, but also much of the wildlife and wildflowers. (snip)

In the UK (again generalizing), winter temperatures rarely drop
below 32ºF, summer temperatures average 75ºF "

:-O

See what you mean!

Must admit, I find it irritating having to walk through all those
'DDT dips' while out hiking.

Are you sure you're still alive, Kay? ;-) Now I know the truth,
I'm worried our legs will drop off soon.

They get some bizarre ideas over there. I once had to field a
letter-to-the-editor from a reader in British Columbia who said "mad
cow disease" served the British right for their obstinate adherence
to outdated traditional farming methods! I think I was fairly
gentle -- you don't want to alienate readers, however far-flung -- in
my suggestion that there might not have been anything too desperately
traditional about feeding cows on minced sheep's heads.

--
Mike.