Old 26-03-2005, 04:17 AM
Stephen Henning

"Travis" wrote:

The former owner of our house on a corner lot planted Oregon Grape as a
hedge on the two street sides of the property. For the last five years
I have been trying to get rid of this pesky plant. Its roots are
everywhere and they send up little OG plants *everywhere*. I would
think twice before planting OG.

We planted Mahonia (OG) next to the road, where the snow plows pile
salt, ice and snow, and on the north side of an old stone barn. It is
doing great. It doesn't spread, but it fights off all these adversities
and just keeps looking great year after year.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA Zone 6