Old 26-03-2005, 04:31 AM
Travis

Cereus-validus..... wrote:
Lilium longiflorum is actually an autumn flowering species native
to Taiwan and would not be cold hardy in Boston without extra
protection.
A Google search should turn up something on the species.

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
I bought a supermarket Easter Lily, which is delightfully
perfuming my front room now. Will I be able to transplant it into
my yard and have it survive? I live in Boston, MA, zone 6, USA.

Thanks!

Priscilla
--
"You can't welcome someone into a body of Christ and then say only
certain rooms are open." -- dancertm in

http://extension-horticulture.tamu.e...lily/lily.html

Says:
Lilium longiflorum, the Latin name for the Easter Lily, is native to
the Ryukyu Islands of southern Japan.
The Easter Lily industry is an American success story. Prior to 1941,
the majority of the Easter Lily bulbs were exported to the United States
from Japan. World War II eliminated the dependence on Japanese-produced
bulbs and commercial bulb production shifted to the U.S. The Japanese
have never been able to regain any of their lost market share due to the
superior quality of the U.S.-grown bulbs.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5