Old 26-03-2005, 02:16 AM
Gale Pearce

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
My 1200 gph pump is flipping the breaker. AAARRGGGHHHH! It's a thermally
protected Beckett. How is water getting to the "juice?" I don't suppose
they can be fixed - anyone?

Probably past a worn seal - how old is it? Do you dry store your pump for
the winter? - I always leave my pump in the pond over winter so the seals
don't dry out and pull it in the spring to clean it up for the summer when I
start it. I also ruined my first pump in a year by using the cord to "help"
get it out of the pond even though I was warned about not pulling on the
cord in any way - Beckett's are good pumps and no, I have never heard of
anyone fixing a pump with a problem like yours. Maybe your GFIC breaker is
getting weak, but still good enough to power a smaller 500 gph pump?
Gale :~)