Old 26-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Mike Lyle

pk wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

[...sound stuff snipped...]
The method, is to spread and then 2 weeks later rake off the dead
moss. Yes if you have 80% moss it will look like a desert, but
overseeding with new seed and regular watering will soon sot that

out.

Another thing is not to cut your grass too short: if you rob the
grass of too much leaf area, it will take longer to recover, thus
giving moss an advantage. In this extreme situation I don't think I'd
go shorter than 5/8 inch. On the other hand, if you don't cut short
enough, the grasses won't thicken up properly! Great hobby, a lawn...

--
Mike.