Old 26-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Anietta Anietta is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W.E. Roberts

They should grow outside O.K. - my Brown Turkey stays out all year in a pot
and seeems to thrive on it.
I am in coastal Suffolk so people further north may not have as much luck,
but ISTR the tree I had in Derbyshire grew O.K. (but didn't fruit).

Dave R

I have both the Brown Turkey and Brunswick varieties and both of them are very happy. I live in West Sussex about 1/4 mile from the sea and they are placed in a corner in pots near a wall. My garden is south facing and where they are positioned means that they get sun from early morning until about midday. I also have a fig cutting from the "Brunswick" coming along nicely too - the parent plant was getting a little tall so my husband cut the top of, popped one end into rooting powder and its taken.