Old 26-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Boron Elgar

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:53:21 -0500, "JRYezierski"
wrote:

You live trap woodchucks/groundhogs great.NOW KILL THEM.
You relocate them all you are doing is bringing your problem animal to
someone else.Think about it ,you bring them down the road a ways release
them now you have no problem animal.Now a week later(or sooner)you end up
having more than one woodchuck/groundhog problem.Why? Your neighbor down the
road where you disposed of your problem animal has now relocated his problem
animals to your place. Its a viscious cycle.
When you live trap a problem animal KILL IT and Bury It do not give it to
ANYONE ELSE.
There are some lethal smoke bombs on the market that are very effective on
controling problem animals when used properly.
DO NOT RELOCATE PROBLEM ANIMALS

What part of your top-posting mind does not understand the words
"unfrequented hiking area?" They'd have a way to go to get to
bothering another homeowner & I am not taking them anywhere where they
do not already exist.

They are not "problem animals" when they are in a remote and partially
wooded location. They can play with their friends there & nibble what
they choose.

Smoke bombs are completely inappropriate to use in a residential area
such as mine and are best suited for pasture or large, open acreage.
Electric fencing would be more effective as a deterrent, but that
surely will send into my neighbors' yards, too, as well as bother my
own pets.

I suppose I'd better load the rifle for the deer, too, rather than set
up fencing, eh?

Boron