Old 26-03-2005, 02:54 PM

you could try the net (probably available in black) that is used for
the goals of soccer (football) matches, fairly cheap stuff, tough and
durable... Spread over a pond area, raccoons would have a lot of
difficulty tangling with that in the dark. Set at a height which allows
plants to grow through it, it will keep herons out, as well.

Regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html

DD DDD wrote:
I was going to use half plexiglass and half chicken wire. I can not

go
on after 4 years of having the raccoons eating my fish/turtles. I

tred
the scarecrow and ultrasonic and electric fence but they just go over
that . Is ther any green color or better looking chicken wire or

fence
material? Thanks