Old 26-03-2005, 03:04 PM
PlainBill

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:16:20 -0600, "Reel McKoi" wrote:

My 1200 gph pump is flipping the breaker. AAARRGGGHHHH! It's a thermally
protected Beckett. How is water getting to the "juice?" I don't suppose
they can be fixed - anyone?

I had to scramble to hook up a 500 gph just to keep the water moving. :-(

I've had this happen with two Beckett's. In each case, it wasn't an
overload, but current leakage that tripped the GFCI. If you
disassemble it, you can see the problem - the o-ring that seals the
motor to the housing. I'd suggest giving it a week or more to dry
out, then coating the o-ring with either silicon grease (available
from a pool store) or rtv cement. Since it's going into a pond, give
the rtv plenty of time to cure and the byproducts to dissipate.

PlainBill