Old 26-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Mike Patterson

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:16:20 -0600, "Reel McKoi" wrote:

My 1200 gph pump is flipping the breaker. AAARRGGGHHHH! It's a thermally
protected Beckett. How is water getting to the "juice?" I don't suppose
they can be fixed - anyone?

I had to scramble to hook up a 500 gph just to keep the water moving. :-(

First make sure the pump alone is the problem -

If there is anything else on that circuit, unplug it, then try the
pump again - still trippping the breaker?

If you have a clue about electricity, try swapping that breaker with
another breaker of the same size in your panel.

Try plugging the pump into a different circuit to see if it still
trips the breaker.

Is there any place that water or bugs, ants, plants, etc. might be
getting to the wiring? Maybe an outside receptacle box, light fixture,
etc etc etc?

Examine the wire on the pump, every inch of it, paying special
attention to the plug and where it enters the pump, If it normally
runs along the ground at any point, someone (or something like a deer)
might have stepped on it and caused a puncture or pulled it apart
enough to cause a short between internal wires. The outer sheath may
not even be broken but the wires inside still can be - look for kinks
in the wire.

Just some thoughts.
Mike

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin