Old 26-03-2005, 06:56 PM
MM

Default Bought some J Arthur Bower's Farm Manure compost today

I'd never heard of it, but the garden centre had a variety of
composts, and they also had this one. This stuff seems absolutely full
of goodness - what my garden teacher at secondary school in the1960s
called 'Oh Be Joyful'. I'm using it to fill the holes made by the
aerator. Finally I'm going to rake in a 1" layer over the whole plot,
as per the bag's instructions. Let's see what happens! I also found a
secondhand ex-library copy of Beth Chatto's The Damp Garden for £1.75
plus postage through Amazon.

MM