Old 26-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Travis

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Travis" wrote in message
news:L841e.10412$uw6.5991@trnddc06...
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Warren" contains these words:
. It doesn't reseed.

Are you kidding? Buddleia seeds all over the place. Tall
derelict buildings here have 8ft seedlings growing in the roof
gutters and chimneys; railways spend a fortune clearing miles of
buddeia seedlings from track-sides. After the wartime blitzes in
UK cities, buddleia was one of the plants that colonised the
bombsites. I still love it.

Janet (UK)

Sounds like what Travis just said about Washington. Not sure WHERE
in Washington he's from, so I don't know if it's like Minnesota or
upstate NY, where, in winter, the wind sucks the life out of
everything. Even automobiles have been known to shrivel up.

I'm where my sig says I am.

Amazing. It was printed right there. :-) So, does winter shrivel up
automobiles where you live, or is the weather somewhat tempered by
the proximity of the ocean?

Tempered a lot. It rarely gets below 20 and usually above freezing for
most of the winter with rain instead of snow. This winter we have had
way below normal recipitation, the mountains are for the most part
snowless and the melting snow is where we get our water in the summer.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington