Old 26-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Dawn

Priscilla Ballou wrote:

I'm planning to put a row of lilac bushes along most of the length,
since I just love lilacs and they should grow up into a nice shield.

Lilac bushes will fill most of the 15" of space you have. I hope you're
not planning on being able to walk through there in a few years. I've
got about the same amount of space between my house and our neighbor,
fortunately no windows. There's a mature lilac there that is as tall as
our 2 storey house and regularly has to be cut back on both sides of the
fence to allow access to the back yard.

Our miniature lilacs are much less energetic.

As for flowering, you might consider the Rose of Sharon, they bloom all
summer in pink, white, or purple, and make a nice screen as well.

Dawn