Old 27-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
"sue and dave" wrote:
"Ann" wrote in message
Priscilla Ballou expounded:
I bought a supermarket Easter Lily, which is delightfully perfuming my
front room now. Will I be able to transplant it into my yard and have
it survive? I live in Boston, MA, zone 6, USA.

Yes, you can plant it outside, and pray those damned red lily beetles
don't fine them! (

AYE that IS the problem in New England, now.... those damned red-lily
beetles have become a worse scourge for me than the Japanese Beetles or the
Rose Chafers.

Oh, dear. I'm afraid I'll be learning about them this year, since I'm
quite sure that some of what I put in my new raised beds was lilies. :-(

Priscilla
--
"You can't welcome someone into a body of Christ and then say only
certain rooms are open." -- dancertm in alt.religion.christian.episcopal