Old 27-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Anne Lurie

This guy took *2 weeks* to call you back, and you still talked to
him????????

I can't quite find my point in there, but I think it is somewhere in the
direction of "he does not care about you as a client"!

Just my $.02,

Anne Lurie
Ne Raleigh

"Derek Mark Edding" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi Folks.

whine
Why can't it be easier than this?

I called a contractor and said I wanted an estimate for grading and
clearing an area for a storage shed.

After two weeks, he calls back and wants to come out. I'd already moved
on to making other arrangements, but hey, I'm flexible.

He drives out and glances at my backyard, ignores my writeup of the
preparations, and launches into a sales pitch to clear and revitalize my
whole property.

After that, I could barely get his attention back on the work I wanted. He
gave an estimate for the whole property (almost three grand) and dropped
it twice while I tried to get him to focus on the shed prep.

He finally gave me an estimate for just the shed work, but continued
pushing for the whole enchilada as he left. He called back this morning
with another price drop.
/whine

He has a point that the yards need attention, but it's not a high
priority. I can't spend that kind of money on an impulse purchase.

What do people here think? Would you try to work with this fellow, or
continue calling people and trying to get estimates? There don't seem to
be many people interested in this kind of job.

Thanks,

-dreq