Old 26-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Peter Hemmings

Thanks for the replies.
As the conifer droppings are from the last 15 years and seem to be quite
broken down, I will keep most of the old stuff and gradually add it to
the rest. I will also use some as a top dressingfor a pieris in our
garden which is neutral pH.

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:12:58 +0000, Mike wrote:

snip

Yes: they take longer to break down, that's all.

and they tend to dry out faster than other stuff composted, so keep it
watered. It is also a good idea to well and truly mix it with other
material.

we have just taken 4 full wheelbarrow fulls from our beehive compost bin and
spread it as a lovely mulch/top dressing on the raised veg beds and one the
flower borders.

Mike