Old 27-03-2005, 04:09 AM
Eric Hunt

Larry,

I agree - if you get temps lower than 30, even once or twice a year, having
plants outside is a PITA.

It just means you gotta move farther south or out to California! We don't
freeze in coastal Bay Area at all, and SoCal doesn't either. The more inland
you go, the colder it can get.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"Larry" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for the reference. Here in Jacksonville, FL (Northeast corner of
Florida), we do get down to below freezing several times during the
winter. I'm about putting anything outside for extended periods during the
winter, even when the plants are supposed to be tolerant of temperatures
that low.