Old 27-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Interesting thought...cheap food, eat plants. How does the connection work?

We have had catfish food and lillies for all of our years (about 7) and they
have never been eaten. We also have WH and other plants in the pond. They
do a number on the WH roots. However, we generally have a 4 x 9 area of WH
to work on. The rocks that the lillies are bedded in get pulled out by
rooting koi. Interestingly for us, some of the nice lillies Tom sent us
have fallen out of their basins and have absolutely taken off lying bareroot
on the bottom of the pond! To this point I see no effect of catfish food on
the koi and lillies.

Overall, I am not sure of any correlation save that the koi eat WH roots.

Jim

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Will you fess up?

How many of you feed a lesser quality fish food and find you can't keep
lilies in your koi pond? I wonder if there is a correlation? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~