Old 27-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Jiri Borsky" wrote in message
found in abundance in my soil (Midlands).

I would appreciate identification, and even more importantly, advice
whether it is benign, harmful of neutral to my organic gardening.

Should I
(a) greet it with kind words as I do earthworms and ladybirds
(b) stamp on it
(c) ignore it

picture http://tinypic.com/2cngya

Jiri Borsky

It appears to be a millipede, they normally are vegetarians so I suppose it
may be regarded as a pest but as I don't know exactly what they eat I would
stay your hand for someone to come in with more precise info!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk