Old 27-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Kay

In article , sst28
writes
Need some advise on what to do with my hyacinth bulbs. They have been forced
to flower in the winter, and now the plant is wilting in a pot on my
windowsill. What do I do with them? And can I expect them to flower again
next year? Thanks!!

You can expect them to flower again next year, but not as you imagine a
hyacinth flower - you'll get a flower spike with very few flowers,
rather like a tough bluebell.

While leaves are still green, it's worth fertilising to build up the
bulb. Then, when the leaves have died down, plant the bulb in a less
formal part of your garden, where it will come up year after year and
flower just a bit later then the daffodils.
--
Kay