Old 27-03-2005, 05:03 PM

In a message dated 3/27/05 12:02:09 AM, writes:
I finally figured it out when I ran across a reference to Akadama as
"loam." They mean clay, especially fired or processed clay.

Kevin Bailey informs me that I am mistaken, & the dictionary definition of
loam is the same in UK as it is here. That makes some of the bonsai books even
more puzzling. Is the British climate such that loam is really an appropriate
bonsai soil component? Is British loam somehow different from American loam?
Iris
Gardening Rule: When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a
weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground
easily, it is a valuable plant.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++