Old 27-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Bob Hobden

"Lee and Kath wrote..
Our neighbour is hoping to build a bungalow on his back garden. I think it
is going to butt up
against our hedge boundary, pretty much.

What effects can we expect from this and are there any grounds for
objections to planning
permission? We also have one field maple, and a wild cherry close to the
boundary (but not the
existing buildings), which we planted for the birds.

If you have just received the letter from the Council about their planning
application then you could object but you would need good reasons and the
effect on your plants isn't even worth a mention.

Objections that might get the ear of the Planning Committee are...
The affect on your light and privacy , but it's a bungalow so doubt that
will work.
Overdevelopment, might work but can you say it is?
Back Garden Development, frowned on officially, but seems to be still
allowed.
Flood Plain, check if you are in one, if so new homes might not be allowed
to be built.

Finally, worth talking to a Solicitor.

We all objected to a 3 storey Office Block locally where there was only a
single storey before and they granted permission despite numerous complaints
about traffic, parking, loss of privacy, etc.
--
Regards
Bob