Old 28-03-2005, 02:18 AM
Jenny

Default Are these Azaleas Dead or Merely Resting?

My front lawn is STILL mostly under snow, but the glacier has retreated
enough that I can see my azalea bushes and they are not a pretty sight!

I had a problem with some kind of fungus that came on in the fall very
swiftly and by now the azaleas, which are two species that are supposed
to be evergreen have lost a lot of leaves. A LOT of leaves.

They look pretty dead. Is there any chance they'll grow back new leaves
once it warms up? What should I be looking for to tell if they can be
saved.

If they can't, I'm putting ins some cheap yews. They along with
impatiens and ice pansies, seem to be all that can survive the NW
exposure of the front of our house. Fortunately, no one can see the
front landscaping of our house from the road, and things will grow
elsewhere on the property.