Old 27-03-2005, 10:55 PM

Rhiannon Miller writes:

On a slightly different topic, there are large numbers of robins,
blackbirds, and thrushes in the new garden. The robins in particular
are very tame and come worm-hunting within a couple of feet of me when
I'm digging.

One of my robins is quite happy to come close when I'm out disturbing
soil. This can lead to problems when spreading a heap of compost over
a bed about 6ft away, you wouldn't think that something so small could
give such an effective glare. It's not as if anything else is going to
beat it to a tasty grub if it waits for the next shovel full to land,
standing in the landing zone with beak open is not the best plan...

Still more intelligent than the Cambridge Cable installers who appear
to have thought that laying the wire an inch below the surface and
diagonally across a patch of lawn was a good idea. Quite how I managed
to miss it in the past when I was spiking the moss patch I don't know.

Anthony