Old 28-03-2005, 03:41 PM
dt

escape wrote:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:29:49 -0600, dt opined:

The human waste involved doesn't concern me nearly so much as the fact that you don't know *what* some people pour down their drains. If it was nothing but composted human waste and lawn trimmings, I'd use it in a heartbeat. As it is, I wouldn't touch the stuff.

BTW, did anybody catch Cameron Diaz talking about "poop" and its role in the ecosystem on the Tonight Show last night? She can come dig in my garden any time. ;-)

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/

Yes, I saw Cameron. She is so tall! No organic farmers or certified organic
growers use dillo dirt. I don't use it and wont, and it is free around these
parts.

I used to think it was free, too, until I tried to get some to topdress a friend's lawn a few years ago (she doesn't do veggies, so it seemed fairly safe). They only sell "wholesale to registered vendors", who then sell it retail.
http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/water/dillovendors.htm

But, the good news (?) is that the regs have changed, and it can now be used on vegetable gardens! http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/water/dillofaq.htm

I still wouldn't use on my garden, even if it was free.

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/